lionessvalenti: (Default)
[personal profile] lionessvalenti

Dear Creator,
Hello and welcome to my letter! I've got some DNWs there and a general desire for my ships and requested characters to have some version of a happy or hopeful ending, but mostly I'm trusting that you're going to make something you think I'm going to like. Don't worry about following prompts to a T. If you're inspired by half the idea and think of something even better for the other half, go for it. If you pull your idea off my likes list, that sounds great. There are things on my likes list that I might not have pairing or character specific prompts for, but I still like them and would be into a story about it.

That said, if you do like writing from prompts, I tried to have at least three or four for each request so you have some options.

General Likes
-Happy endings. Angst is good, but I like at least hopeful or bittersweet endings.
-Third person and second person.
-Five+ things, non-linear storytelling, epistolary.
-Canon divergent AUs, from one little change, to major shifts, to placing your story at a specific point in canon and going from there. Or an everything is the same except this one detail AU.
-Crack premises played seriously.
-Missing scenes, codas, etc..
-Characters with history between them. Stories set in the future when characters haven't seen each other in years. Characters reuniting.
-Romance tropes! Sharing a bed, fake/undercover relationships, stuck together, soulmate AUs, just for a few examples. I love twists and different takes on tropes, too.
-Marriage tropes: arranged marriage, mail order spouses, secret marriage, accidental marriages.
-Sex pollen and the aftermath. Sex pollen as a vehicle for characters getting together, sex pollen portrayed as dub-con, characters not reacting well to their sex pollen experience, sex pollen as simply a thing that happened that the characters move on from, or sex pollen in established relationships maybe exploring "shameful" kinks.
-Pining, especially mutual pining that leads to characters getting together. Or a character who pines for someone, knowing they'll never have them, and tries to move on, but doesn't because they are also being pined for. No hopeless, sad pining, please.
-Friends to lovers, friends with benefits to lovers, friends with benefits who stay only friends
-Bathing together. Both in a sexy way or an actual cleaning each other way. Mutual pining while bathing together.
-Pregnancy/mpreg (pregnancy specific likes below)
-Physical intimacy that isn't necessarily sex (sex is good, but not always applicable), both romantic and platonic. Resting one's head or feet on another's lap, hugging, hand-holding, falling asleep on someone's shoulder, snuggling, etc..
-Time loops, cracks in time, hand waving time because of reasons.

Art Likes
-I like to see your style! Do what you do, the way you like to do it.
-Bright colors, or black and white, or a combination of both. I love to see black and white art with a pop of color.
-Tarot cards, if that's your thing. I love tarot imagery.
-Badass walks toward the "camera" (explosions in background optional)
-Anything from my likes that you can put into a visual form!

I am always open to art treats.

Art DNWs
-photorealistic or portrait level to what the actors who portray the characters look like. Unless it's an actual portrait.
-Chibis in smut art. Chibis are fine otherwise.

My extended likes/dislikes letter, including detailed porn likes can be found here.


Star Trek: Enterprise
T'Pol/Trip Tucker

I love this pairing. I have shipped them since I first watched Enterprise. But I blame Lower Decks for this, in the best way. I have gone absolutely feral since they gave us a canon alternate universe where they got to be happy together. And of course T'Pol outlives him, that's the rub, but they got sixty-three years together. Prime timeline could never. Any prompt could optionally fit right into this timeline.

That said, as much as I am absolutely prompting this timeline, I am also open to the prime timeline, as long as we skip the events of the finale. But I think we all agree as a fandom that this is a reasonable course of action. I love a good AU.

T'Pol is one of my favorite Star Trek characters. I love how she eventually finds herself more comfortable in the company of humans than other Vulcans. She's someone who keeps her emotions close to the surface, as her mother described her, but for Vulcans this is a failing, and with humans, this is a huge benefit. I think she feels more balanced around humans, where they actually appreciate those little emotions she shows because it helps them relate to her. She doesn't have to keep her guard up so much.

On the flip side, Trip is very emotional and he is usually pretty great about expressing them. Things are actually bad for him and everyone around him when he shuts down emotionally. I feel like he's someone who can and will check in with T'Pol no matter what else is going on.

-T'Pol calling off her wedding to Koss at the beginning of season four. Maybe Trip did confess his feelings, or maybe she just took the risk. This feels like the moment it ended for them, so what if it went a different way?
-Trip's first Pon Farr!!
-Vulcans require less sleep than humans. T'Pol meditating and ruminating in the same space as Trip while he's sleeping. Maybe she's just enjoying a nice, quiet cuddle.
-Other people may find the suppressed emotions off putting or difficult, but Trip finds it comforting.


Star Trek: Voyager
Reginald Barclay/any member of the holographic Voyager crew

I do mean any, including minor characters. Any gender or species. Though I am only interested in stories where it's set before Reg actually knows any of the Voyager crew, so it's going to be based on what information they have at that time. But I love the weird little fantasy world he has for himself where he feels comfortable and confident, albeit a little guilty because he knows he's feeding into his addiction

I love Reg. I don't want this to be seen as a joke. And I'm not interested in him getting caught by anyone or learning a lesson. I actually just want to see what goes on in this rich holo-life he's built. And the idea that when he's in this space that he can change and reset as necessary, that he has that confidence he struggles with in his real life is interesting to play with.

-Reg never intended for a romance storyline. He didn't program it. But he's going to see where it goes when it's initiated to him.
-Reg has a separate sub-program for his sexual fantasies. Who's going to be his partner this time?
-Sometimes, it really is about the tropes. Kidnapped by Romulans together, trapped in a turbolift, only one bed. You know, the classics.

Crossover Fandom
Poe Dameron (Star Wars)/Rocket Raccoon (MCU)

There's all sorts of relationships in the Star Wars universe, including inter-species. I can't imagine this would be seen as so strange. I love the idea of Rocket having the same backstory (created in a lab, no reference point for his species), but navigating the SW universe instead of the MCU. Or maybe he had a shift and ended up in the Star Wars universe. Including any of their friends (Finn, Rey, BB-8, Groot, etc.) is welcome.

I don't love the spice runner/crime backstory for Poe on its own. I'm not DNW-ing it or anything because I like the idea of Poe being in crime, but only if he's pulled into it by Rocket. I guess I'm less interested in two crime guys getting/being together as I am a crime guy and an upstanding Resistance pilot getting/being together.

Fandom specific DNW: focus on Rocket's pre-Guardians friends. Referencing them is fine, but no major focus on them or Rocket's subsequent grief.

-Rocket and Poe are constantly competing over their piloting skills. Mostly because seeing each other be good at their thing is so dang hot.
-Accidental marriage, sharing a bed, sex pollen, huddling for warmth... tropes, tropes, tropes!
-Poe is the one who rescued Rocket from the lab and Rocket has stayed with him ever since. They haven't quite figured out that unspoken thing between them (until they do).
-Rocket (and Groot?) ran to the Star Wars galaxy for a fresh start, which is just crime where no one knows him yet. He crosses paths with Poe and pulls him into this crime life.

The Passenger
If there was ever a movie that could have been taken to the next level by the two leads kissing, it's this one. I'm asking for a romantic/sexual fic, but if that ending had included even a forehead kiss, it would have pushed that wild intimacy to another plane of existence.

I love the tension between these two. Benson is scary, and Randy is so generally passive. I'm not interested in anything super fluffy. I like the sense of danger that Benson provides, but maybe AUs where Randy is into it? Or Randy is also surprisingly dangerous?

Fic:
-Instead of going to Mrs. Beard's home, they actually go on the run. Sleazy motels, long car rides, Randy feeling like a hostage, but also sometimes not? How does that relationship progress and change?
-Randy is the one that snapped that day, and Benson, still fully capable of his canon actions, helps him clean it up and get through it (especially if Randy immediately regrets everything).
-Some sort of bank robbers AU? Past-set, or in space.
-Randy dealing with the fact that even after all of this, he is still really attracted to Benson.

Art:
-That theoretical kiss or forehead kiss I was talking about.
-In the car together, bloodied and maybe smiling at each other.
-Sitting outside the restaurant together, sharing a cigarette.


The American Astronaut
Samuel Curtis/Lawrence "The Blueberry Pirate" Blueberry

I find this movie so fascinating because it explores multiple elements of men living in a single-sex environment, but presents it in a way that assumes they all want to be having sex with women. It never really goes into the idea that they are fucking each other. Maybe a little bit, in the story about the silver miners, but that's about it.

A thing that will always get me is characters with obvious history and backstory that canon doesn't delve into. Samuel and Larry (sorry, Lawrence) hit this exactly. I feel like in this world, longtime friends just have sex with each other sometimes. Maybe it's romantic, maybe it's not, but they probably had a good time. I mean, the professor describes them so weirdly as both "old dance partners" and "old friends, that's all" while they're laughing and smoking

You can watch the movie in full here on YouTube. It is low budget, but in a good way. It's a space western musical. It's a little weird, but it's also excellent.

-Samuel and Larry's first job together. Maybe they didn't think they'd ever work together again, so who cares if things get a little heated?
-Post-coital laughing and smoking.
-Undercover as a couple getting out of hand.
-Post-canon AU where they raise The Boy Who Saw A Woman's Breast together. On Earth, or maybe on the ship.

The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis
Eustace/Caspian

I sort of shipped this retroactively. There was something about the way Eustace and Caspian were presented as being very good friends in The Silver Chair (if Eustace had recognized Caspian!), and the tragedy of them never getting to have that moment. But there's honestly not that much interaction between Caspian and Eustace in Dawn Treader, so I'd like to see some of those blanks filled in! Especially since after Eustace's dragon adventure, the book hardly focuses on him at all. What was he doing?

I'm mostly interested in Dawn Treader set stories, or stories that go with Eustace staying in Narnia after the events of Dawn Treader. I'm good with including any of the Pevensies or Jill if the story asks for it. Same for any of the Narnian characters.

If you're going to write sexual content, I'd prefer both characters to be above 16.

-Eustace is shown to be adept with weapons later on. Caspian teaching Eustace how to fence, use a crossbow, etc.. Maybe Caspian even taught him how to navigate using the stars (stargazing is romantic af, y'all). Who initiated the idea of Eustace learning?
-Caspian finds Eustace easy to talk to as a dragon, and ends up spilling his fears and feelings. How does that translate when Eustace is human again?
-AU where Eustace gets to stay behind in Narnia with Caspian. Maybe there's a guise of him staying as an advisor or something, but that's not actually it. What is Eustace's Narnian life like?
-Accidental marriage or arranged marriage. Maybe Eustace needs to marry if he wants to stay in Narnia after he reaches a certain age and Caspian offers his own hand? Or they end up in some kind of magical marriage that binds Eustace there and they're trying to get out of it at first until....maybe they don't want to?

Profile

lionessvalenti: (Default)
lionessvalenti

August 2025

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:07 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios